|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,080,166 members, 7,586,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 September 2023 at 11:28 AM
|Tips For Surviving Lagos by jonili(m): 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2022|
TO SURVIVE LAGOS. DON'T DO ANY OF THESE. ��
Preamble : Lagos is the commercial centre of Nigeria, A West African country on the Gulf of Guinea. It is a mega city of 20 million people.
1. In a bus, When you sit by the window. Never operate your phone, It will be snatched from your hand. This is a quintessential occurence in some surbuban parts of Lagos such as Agege and Mushin.
2. Whenever someone greets you on the road, Do not answer him or her especially when he approaches you from behind.
3. If you see people fighting, Mind your business!!. I repeat MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!
4. You must learn how to argue with a bus conductor, when he tries cheating you.
And please whenever you do. Please don't use Standard English. You must have had a good knowledge of Pidgin before you come to Lagos.
5. Walk with a known Nigerian, on the first weeks of your stay in Lagos. He'll show you the way
6. Whenever you're walking in a deserted area in Lagos. Walk like a gangster, not like a responsible person. If you do, Miscreants will feel you're defensive and wouldn't come close to you.
7. Anything you did not find on your head, Please don't pick it. (You understand what I mean).
8. When you're crossing the road. Turn into a Ronaldo. Cars come in massive droves. They won't hit you but you must learn how to dribble them.
9. When you want to buy soft drinks, Buy soft drinks from people hawking in the traffic. It is believed that the drinks taste sweeter than the ones bought from people in shops�. Just a belief!!
10. When you see a large number of people running, don't wait or ask questions. Just run with them. RUN RUN RUN!!! Ask when it is safe!!
11. Never leave Lagos without taking a ride on Third Mainland Bridge. It is a sin�
12. Don't dance to any music you hear, never stare or laugh at people. Don't speak to anyone in the bus until they speak to you first.
13. Whenever you walk in a crowded area, hold your phone firmly in your hand, not in your bag or pocket
14. Whenever you want to ask for Directions, say this. "Sorry, Please, Excuse me...then ask your question". It is compulsory to say all of them. Don't omit any. Everybody is angry in Nigeria.
15. It's often said that the number of people who are mentally normal in Lagos aren't up to 5. In essence, If a Lagosian teases you, don't take him serious. Just be cool to prevent issues. We're mad in this Lagos!!.
16. There's one popular "Den of scammers" in Lagos called Computer Village and Alaba international market, It is the most popular place for buying and repairing electronic devices. But please and please open your eyes very well before you buy soup package in a phone case of buy a swapped electronics.
17. And lastly LAGOS is a comedy centre, you will love the drama you will be seeing around.
Lagos is very very fun and sweet once you understand the system. It's not a bad place to be, it's just a place to be SMART and WISE!!
You're free to add yours.
Happy Sunday everyone.
EKO ILE OGBON!!!
|Re: Tips For Surviving Lagos by DoggoneDogg: 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2022|
18. Learn to shit in public
19. Beware of skull miners
20. Avoid zombies. There are lots of walking dead people in Lagos.
21. Expect a drastic change of diet to shocking lows
|Re: Tips For Surviving Lagos by blue01(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2022|
The 2nd picture though , op so you are calling a whole father of the Yoruba nation and a billion van marchant a zombie?.....
|Re: Tips For Surviving Lagos by laiperi: 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2022|
Op is trying to teach you how to be street smart but the stray rabid infected dogs saw a chance to spread their gospel in their Dream Land.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45